The mother of all terrain wagons is here – the Beach Wagon with big wheels. These wagons bring it all on and give you off-road capabilities along with first class options like; shade canopies, ice chest racks, cushions, back pads and drink holders. With their super wide dirt tires, they are able to get heavy loads over the dry sand more easily than other wagons.
- All terrain wheels deliver comfortable ride off-road
- Options – these are the Cadillacs (or Tesla) of the group, so expect the best options packages
- Heavy duty craftsmanship and large capacity
- Longevity – expect these wagons to last two generations if stored properly
- Weight and Size – very heavy wagons so think twice about how you will transport (and who will get it loaded)
- Cost – Premium quality comes with a price
What to look for in a Beach Wagon
This is about the only type of wagon that is still built in the USA. You\’ll see Amish wagons, and other brands built in California (where the beach is) and Texas. Look for the widest tires possible and a good paint job. The salt air will destroy these wagons if you leave it out all season so store or cover them (and varnish periodically).
The Bottom Line
If you’re serious about camping, the outdoors or the beach – and you have room in the truck – this is the wagon for you. Aside from it\’s huge size and weight, we love these monster wagons. If you can\’t deal with the size, we also have some other beach carts below that might suit you.