A great choice for families looking for the wagon made of plastic, lightweight, cool gadgets and functionality at a reasonable price. Options like moulded cup holders, storage bins and seat belts are common on the plastic wagons because of its moulded plastic nature – Whatever you dream up the toy builders can create it.
- Lightweight and easy for most parents to pop in the minivan
- Cool features like seats, storage bins, bottle holders and shade canopy
- Easy to manoeuvre and pull on the solid ground
- Won’t rust
- Wheels – typically hollow plastic or solid rubber which means a stiff ride and little off-road capability
- Longevity – the plastic will eventually dry out and become brittle
- Loud – some of the cheaper plastic wagons have the plastic wheels which are a bit noisy while pulling
- Steering – because of the way the wheel is connected to the plastic body, each wheel has a mind of its own. No haulin’ ass downhill while steering from inside on these wagons!
- Weight capacity – kids and accoutrements ok, but it’s not great for chores around the homestead like hauling 30-gallon plants or sack of manure.
What to look for in a Plastic Wagons
Solid rubber wheels are a must, to keep the noise down and for longevity. Among all the other features, shade and storage should be of top concern as well.
The plastic toy wagon is the great choice for the family heading to paved places like the swap meet, state fair, park and around the neighbourhood. It will roll over dry grass pretty well but this wagon is not advisable for the beach or dirt. You may get five to seven years out of a but at that age, the kids won’t stay put anyway. We like radio flyer plastic wagon, Canopy Wagon, Kids Wagon Little Tikes, Creative Outdoor Wagon and Step2 brands — Here are some of our top American plastic toys like plastic wagon picks: