Radio Flyer All Terrain Cargo Wagon
Nothing beats a good test drive. Getting behind the wheel of that new toy wagon really makes a difference in deciding which wagon to buy. Today, we’ll dive deep on one of the most popular and all around best buys – Radio Flyer Big Red Classic ATW Wagon
This wagon has been a part of our family for over 8 years now, having been deployed on numerous beach outings, sporting events, girl scout cookie sales, and the occasional gardening project around the homestead. An all around workhorse, we love the fact that it can do everything. Some of the things we like about the Radio Flyer Wagon:
- Big knobby air tires: 10″ tires help make this wagon off-load worthy
- 50% deeper sides than other wagons.
- Weight capacity of 200 pounds – great for the homestead, garden or beach
- Handle folds back under the wood bed for easy storage
- Large bed means there’s plenty of room for kids and cargo
Some things we feel can be improved:
- Steering is still a bit jinky – it’s the typical wagon steering mechanism where both wheels turn on a pivot point (not like your car).
- Air tires should be increased in size so it’s easier to haul over the beach sand
Overall, we really have enjoyed the Radio Flyer Cargo Wagon because it can do everything you need. It’s not as light as a plastic wagon but it’s the pick-up truck of the wagon world that can be at the state fair one day, and hauling sacks of mulch in the garden the next – hose it off and you’re ready to make a lemonade stand out of it next weekend.